Saturday, April 5, 2008

Little Rabbit

He has moments of pure adorableness. Given how much of a Demon he is, this is a good thing because he tries the patience of the entire family, and we all need these "Aw, he's so cute moments" so we don't kill him.

Today, "monsters and bears" were apparently roaming my house. He was fighting them with imaginary swords, and he came running into my office.

"Come with me so I can keep you safe."

"What, Little Demon?"

"Come!" (He was clinging to my legs for all it was worth.)

"I'm okay. Monsters don't like my office."

"No, come with me, My Little Rabbit."

"Little Rabbit?"

He put his head on my lap. "Yes, you are my Little Rabbit and I love you."

Of course, my heart melted. "Why don't you go see Older Sister?" (She was in the next room.) "Maybe she can come with you. I have to finish this chapter. She can be your Little Rabbit too."

"No, she can't."

"Why?"

"YOU are my Little Rabbit. SHE is my Little Turtle."

I just love him.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

OK, all is forgiven. He has an angelic side. LOL.

Erica Orloff said...

Suzanne:
He has lots of angelic moments. But even they have his own unique spin on them. Like . . . I have no idea where the turtle/rabbit love is from. But it's all the more endearing.

conley730 said...

Aww...my heart is melting. I just love those moments. He really was an Angel Baby then!

Erica Orloff said...

conley:
I am sure with twins you get double those moments. :-)
E

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

"YOU are my Little Rabbit. SHE is my Little Turtle."

That's the most endearing sentence I have ever read. Beautiful, Erica.

What a beautiful son you have. He's going to break many hearts and make one very happy one day.

Hugs, JJ

Erica Orloff said...

Hi Nature Nut . . .

Yes . . . it was one of those "I could just squeeze him to pieces" moments.

:-)

E

WriterKat said...

What a sweetie! He's the one with the most passion from what it sounds (for worse and for better).

Erica Orloff said...

writerkat:
Yes. When he's excited, he cheers, he dances, he goes over to the couch and jumps up and down with joy. When he's sad, he sobs. When he's mad . . . well . . . he's a Demon. But passionate? Definitely. He also apepars to have inherited the eccentric gene. More than the others. One is a math genius--a little eccentric. One is CREATIVE . . . but more quirky than eccentric. One is a musician but level-headed. Demon? TOTAL eccentric.

E