Friday, July 11, 2008

Sometimes He Deceives Me


Sometimes the kid is so cute, he deceives me. I start to think, He is a normal little angelic boy. He is not a Demon Baby with evil powers beyond the grasp of mere mortals.
Those thoughts don't last long. Usually, he outs himself as a Demon pretty quickly.
"Mommy, can I sleep in your bed tonight?"
He asks me this while dressed in his brother's T-shirt, which sweeps the floor, making him look like Olive Oyl's sweet little Sweet Pea.
He bats his eyes.
"I just really love you. I want to snuggle with you. Please?" Bats eyes more.
"Well . . . maybe tonight. If you're quiet." Because he really looks SO innocent.
I turn my back to walk into my office and then . . . he asks.
"Will you move your legs so I can dance?"
"What?"
"Breakdance. On your bed. Your legs get in the way."
"You want to DANCE in my bed. At bedtime?"
"Yeah." Nonchalantly. "Of course. Will you move your legs?"
"Bedtime is for SLEEPING."
"No. All right, I'll tell you what . . . what if I dance on your carpet. Will that be OK?"
Oh, Demon Baby . . . tonight you sleep in your OWN bed. I am very tired.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

He had a plan and it didn't involve sleeping. He'll have to refine his technique so he doesn't reveal the whole plan too early.
He sure has an angelic face so I can see how easy it would be to be fooled.

Spy Scribbler said...

"I just really love you."

Wow. Women are toast. I bet he's going to use that one on lots of girls. And I bet he's going to really mean it, too, which is why they are so going to be falling at his feet.

Robin said...

Damn, that boy's cute! At least he telegraghs his moves at this point. Wait till the day he concocts his evil plans and secretly carries them out! The world is doomed. I hope they have space travel by then.

Erica Orloff said...

Suzanne:
His plan NEVER involves sleeping.

:-)
E

Erica Orloff said...

Spy:
Total toast. ;-)
E

Erica Orloff said...

robin:
I'll be on the space ship with you.
E

laughingwolf said...

energy to burn is NOT demonic! :P lol

Melanie Hooyenga said...

He's killing me, he's so adorable. I would've caved and moved my legs.

Erica Orloff said...

laughing wolf:
I don't know. It's definitely superhuman. He's like this wind-up Demon from the MOMENT his eyes open until the moment he passes out at night. And most of his time it's in a Roaming for Trouble Mode.

Erica Orloff said...

Melanie:
I often cave. But I am aging at an alarming rate. I had him after 40, so . . . in some ways . . . he's aging me like a dog. ONE Demon Baby year is like 7 in Mom years.
E

laughingwolf said...

lol ...he'll slow down, eventually... maybe ;)

mine did, a few years ago... he's now 23! :O