Monday, December 1, 2008

What Miscreant . . .

. . . invented Christmas light-up things that make noise? LOTS of noise. LOUD noise.

Demon Baby has discovered two things out of the vast array of Christmas crap I own and have accumulated over the years.

1) Santa . . . in a "Low Rider." It plays the song Low Rider. His dad is Mexican . . . we got it as a gag gift. It is Demon Baby's favorite Christmas item. I now hear Low Rider in my sleep.

2) The musical house. Demon Baby's sister has a Christmas village and last year got a little house with the MOST OBNOXIOUS musical song and lights. It lasts for five minutes and I am ready to toss it out the window. Yet the sight of Demon Baby dancing next to it keeps it there in my office. I have a headache--but the kid is cute.

If I survive the next 25 days . . . with what little sanity I have left intact, that will be the Christmas Miracle.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Spy Scribbler said...

Hah! I swear, from the naked thing to the Christmas thing, I feel like I have so much in common with the little Demon. I collect those singing and dancing Christmas plush toys. In fact, I even have a giant singing Santa, about four feet tall, that sings a carol every time you walk by.

Right now, Glenn is hanging those door covers with holiday scenes, except this year they put a little sensor on them and a couple LED lights, and they sing and light up when you walk by.

During the holidays, people either LOVE coming to my house or they HATE it, LOL!

Erica Orloff said...

spy:
I "go" with it, but man . . . I'm already sick of the little musical house. :-)
E

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Video? por favor?

laughingwolf said...

that'll LARN YE to keep so much crap around :P lol

Robin said...

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for dancing Santas that swing their big butts from side to side. Don't tell anyone.

Erica Orloff said...

Melanie:
Yes, I have decided I have to get my Baby Girl, the family Spielberg, to film him and post it on YouTube so you can all get a real feel for the little guy. :-)
E

Erica Orloff said...

Laughing Wolf:
Well . . . I have three perfectly quiet, mellow kids. I had no idea this was apparently lurking in my gene pool.

E

Erica Orloff said...

Robin:
I always liked all that crap. It's that he wants to turn them all on at the same time.

:-)
E

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Yay!

Suzanne said...

I think he needs to learn to meditate - if he could stay still long enough. I tried really hard to get my son to watch TV when he was little, but he wouldn't. He wanted interactive activities. I know that makes me a bad, bad mother, but oh, for a little peace once in a while. He still doesn't watch much TV.

Erica Orloff said...

Suzanne:
Totally the same. He will sit and play bvideogames on PBS.org--but they are too easy for him. So his brother showed him how to play Mario Brothers. He will be completely engaged--and he figured the darn thing out in about a half-hour . . . just "gets" it. So sometimes I can buy a half-hour with that. Otherwise, he would prefer physical activities.
E